Ralphie's Return

Ralphie's Return
"Our very own Elf on the Shelf"

Thursday, September 25, 2008

March was how many months ago??


I know, I know...I've been slacking...it's called a new home and it comes with endless projects, decorating, cleaning, yard work, entertaining...ah yes, everything we remember from the first house! I guess it's the only excuse we have to fill the gap since the last blog posting back in March.

We love the new house and the neighborhood is exactly what we wished for! (I'm really not complaining about all of the above things...we enjoy it all...well, maybe not so much the cleaning and yard work) Our neighbors are great and the community offers more events than we can keep up with. We're still trying to fill the house with furniture and decorate to make it feel cozy, but that will come with time, I guess. Every time people come over there's something new to see.
Let's see about a quick recap of the highlights of the past seven months...we've enjoyed out-of-town visits from the Elsebough parents, Craig & Paige, the Elsebough Grandparents, and Erik & Crystal Freeburg. Jeremy did a sprint triathlon (swim 1/4mi - bike 12mi - run 3 mi)...and I actually did the same event as a duathlon (run 1.5mi -bike 12mi -run 3mi). We've been to a few annual pool parties at the Frydrych parents' house as well as exchanged labor efforts with them on their deck and our backyard. Jeremy took a trip to New York for the NFL Draft back in the spring and I recently went to Pennsylvania along with Mom and Grandma to visit the Nolans. Jeremy survived another motorcycle track day back in May. The summer was filled with BBQs with friends and neighbors. I hosted a few Southern Living parties and became a consultant selling their home decor products. Not too bad! Read more in our personal news and pictures of the house and these fun times will be in the photo gallery soon.

Now, for our current lifestyle...we've both made it through several rounds of layoffs and some difficult times with our companies. We're very grateful that we still have jobs right now, but our dining room table is covered in books and papers while we are in crunch mode studying for our exam that we take in October (the 24th). It's hard to believe that we have been employed engineers for 4+ years now and are about to become "professionals". Licensure has been our career goal since college and we are almost there! The studying is a bit overwhelming and we will be very glad when the 8-hour test is over with...then we get to wait 3 months to find out if we passed! In Georgia's development market these days, we will be very glad to have this under our belts. So please bear with our hibernation these next few weeks...we're in study-mode and this test will soon be over!






2 comments:

Leslie Gilbreath said...

I am glad to see an update! I totally get studying these days...I'm back in school now too- not so fun, huh?! Good luck on your test.

Anonymous said...

Good luck to both of you on your PEs! I can't imagine what kind of a headache those tests are going to be. I took the FE a half decade ago with the same intention, but try to find an EE who's a PE in Michigan! Oh well, it probably wouldn't do me as much good as it will you guys. :)