Ralphie's Return

Ralphie's Return
"Our very own Elf on the Shelf"

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Busy & Fun Fall

Can't believe it's time for Christmas shopping and the year is almost over! October was a busy month for us. A mad dash through the Atlanta and Detroit airports set the pace for our month. Yes, we were "those people" running - no sprinting - through the airport on our trip to Michigan for Erin and Jesse's wedding (Erin is Jeremy's cousin). Fortunately, we made it there (we almost didn't) and were able to enjoy a great weekend. The weather was far from Georgia's beautiful October season and I sure was glad that I was not a bride having to decide on an indoor vs. outdoor wedding. They made a brave, but good decision - the (outdoor) wedding fell perfectly between the rain storms and it was a beautiful view on the top of a ski resort overlooking Lake Michigan.




Jeremy managed to get the flu while traveling and I managed to get all the flu-like symptoms, but not the flu.  No fun!! So in the spirit, the swine flu pig was Jeremy's idea for their company's pumpkin carving contest.  It won honorable mention, I think.

My trip to Pennsylvania (with Mom and Grandma to visit Aunt Sharon) was fabulous! There is definitely resemblence in all four of us, not only in looks, but also the things we enjoy doing and our tastes in style and food. Aunt Sharon's house was decorated for Halloween with tricks and treats everywhere - and I mean everywhere!  She had fun welome goodies for us, all homemade of course - I love and really appreciate all of those little "extras" for entertaining.  I was inspired by all her decor and plan to have a Halloween party next year so that I have a reason to decorate for it! I already started collecting...She taught us how to make a witch shoe out of paper - too cute! I made them for the girls at work and they were such a hit that we met one evening for "drinks and crafts" to make shoes.  We did Christmasy ones  - really, you can make them for any holiday or even party favors.  Just wait until the ladies at work see what I make them for Christmas ;) !!









I took my test again...I think (and hope) I did it this time. Again, the waiting game.

I'm in my 7th month of Boot Camp as an instructor. It's really become part of my life now. One of these next posts, I'll write a blurb about the program and what I enjoy from it. Jeremy is actually one of our campers now and like all the men, a noticeable transformation!

I finally just crashed and burned from last month's busy pace...gotta rejuvenate for the Christmas rush now. We spent Thanksgiving in Florida and hopefully Michigan for Christmas. The flights are outrageously expensive, so we might end up having a quiet little Christmas this year.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I'm just now getting caught up on Blogger after my busy early December (Bruce was born on the 2nd)!!

Glad things are going well for you guys!